St Crispin Local Centre

Client: Lodge Park Ltd

The existing brick buildings were originally part of the Berrywood Hospital estate, constructed in 1876, used for therapeutic care of mentally ill patients.

The site is located in a Conservation Area and within a large housing development.  We converted, adapted and refurbished the existing buildings to create a local centre with a wide mixture of uses including a Dentist, Restaurants, Florist, Hairdresser, Funeral director, Coffee Shop, Estate agents, mixed medical uses and offices.

We also constructed a new build Convenience store and 84 place Nursery on the site using an appropriate scale and traditional materials, working closely with the Planning and Conservation Officers.